Pages

Friday, November 13, 2015

Dressing up is so much Fun!

I love making costumes. When my children were growing up, I made all of their costumes for parties and school dress-up days.  Every year of elementary school, Red Ribbon Week (say NO! to drugs) consisted of five days of dress-up.  One year my oldest son, who was in kindergarten, had to dress up as his favorite book character.  It just so happened that his favorite book was about snakes.  So, he decided that he wanted to be a cobra.
I got busy and 
this  is what I 
came up with.



                       The next year, he wanted to be Captain Hook:
My daughter once had to be the explorer Vasco deGama.

And then, a colonial woman.









Later on, she was on the Flamenco Dance team in high school and I made her costume for that, as well.




My youngest son wanted to be Pinocchio in kindergarten.





Later on he was
 Leif Ericsson....



                  ...Chief Tuscaloosa...








...and General Grant.


These are but a few of the many costumes I have made throughout their childhood.  In all of my years of sewing and designing, I have dreamt of doing this for a theater group.  I finally had the opportunity to do just that.  Check out my next post for pictures from my latest venture.

Janna

No comments:

Post a Comment